June 8, 2017
We are a plumbing business located in Livonia and for us to stay in business, we need your plumbing to malfunction! But that doesn’t make us bloodsucking plumbers who want to hit you for everything you’re worth. To show our good faith, we wanted to let you in on some tricks that can actually help keep the plumbers away»
Coat Hanger Trick
If your shower drain is clogged with hair or your toilet drain has an inanimate object wedged in the drain, the coat hanger trick could work. Here are the four simple steps»
- Take a wire coat hanger from the dry cleaners and grab a pair of needle-nosed pliers from your tool box.
- Straighten out the hanger so that you leave the hook and form a small loop on the other side.
- Take your hook and place it down the drain. Make sure you remain along the drain walls as you head down.
- The last thing you want to do is force the clog further down. Rotate your hook and grab the debris and pull up slowly with the debris wedged against the drain walls.
If you have a leaky faucet, that could mean thousands of gallons of water are not being put to use in your home. You can not stand for this! Here are five easy steps to fix this issue:
- Get underneath your sink and look for the pipes that run up towards your sink. These pipes will have handles on them that you must turn to the OFF position. Plug your drain right after.
- Go to your HOT and COLD water handles and unscrew the hardware that is underneath. You’ll find a STEM, which sits on top of the O-RING, which sits on top of the washer. The washer is usually made of a rubber material and it is easily worn down.
- You’re going to want to pull out that longer stem so you can expose the O-RING and the washer. Take the washer and the O-RING to the store and find exact replacements for them.
- Replace everything as you found it and make sure before adding the handles that everything is in place. Screw the handles back in on top of the STEM and see if your little problem is fixed.
- If not, call the experts at Rooter MD Plumbing & Heating.
Here at Rooter MD Plumbing & Heating, we have taken the last thirty years to better our community of Livonia. We have come to people’s aid during times of plumbing emergency and we have met a lot of great clients along the way. If these DIY solutions fail you, be sure to call the team with the experience to get the job done.
To schedule plumbing service in Livonia, call 248-888-7777 or click around on our website!