Nothing is more stressful than experiencing a plumbing emergency and not knowing who to call. While your home is getting damaged by burst pipes or your family is in danger from a gas leak, it’s easy to feel helpless and alone in a desperate time of need. For Livonia, MI homeowners, the only emergency plumbing company to call is Rooter MD Plumbing LLC. With technicians on-call 24/7, we are the number one choice for homeowners in the area when they need fast and effective 24-hour plumbing service.
Add more savings to your service when you download our current online coupons and special deals.
What to Do During a Gas Leak?
Gas leaks are among the most dangerous plumbing emergencies faced by homeowners because gas is a toxic fume that can make your family very sick. If you suspect a gas leak in your home, it’s important to take the following steps to ensure the protection of your family and a quick resolution to the problem. Here are a few things you should always do during a gas leak:
- Call the gas company and let them know what is going on. That way, they can manually shut off the gas to your home.
- Call Rooter MD Plumbing LLC for immediate gas leak detection and 24-hour repair.
- Open all the windows in your home to air it out.
- Make sure all your gas appliances are turned off.
- Evacuate the home and make sure your car is parked far away from the home. However, if the car is parked close to the home, do not try and move it.
- If anyone in your family is feeling nauseous or dizzy, take them to the hospital right away.
How to Prevent Burst Pipes
Having access to an emergency plumber is a luxury that many homeowners in other areas don’t get. So it’s nice to know the experts at Rooter MD Plumbing LLC are on-call, ready to work when you need them. However, when it comes to plumbing problems, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Here are several ways you can prevent disastrous burst pipe emergencies in your home:
- Insulate your pipes with foam insulation.
- Make sure all gaps and cracks are filled to protect the pipes from the cold.
- Never use chemical drain cleaning products.
- Invest in annual drain cleaning services.
- Get clogs fixed right away to prevent pressure building up in the pipes.
Discover what your neighbors and friends are saying about us by reading our latest reviews and comments.