For many Livonia, MI homeowners, gas is a great energy source used in the home. It’s efficient and safe, making it ideal for powering many home appliances including your furnace and water heater. However, there may come a time when you need help from a professional gas line repair company or installation expert.
When you need expert gas line advice, contact the professionals at Rooter MD Plumbing LLC. For the past 36 years, homeowners in the area have trusted our advice and enjoyed peace of mind with our exceptional workmanship and high-quality service.
See how much you can save on your next call with our current online coupons and exclusive offers.
Common Gas Pipe Repair Services
For the most part, your gas line is safe and efficient, but there are a few issues that commonly occur, resulting in the need for a repair from a gas line service company. Some of the most common problems impacting gas lines include:
Dust and Debris: The line itself can become damaged from dust and debris flying through the air. These rough particles could corrode the pipe and result in a gas leak.
Fixtures: If the seals and fixtures become dried out or cracked, you will also experience trouble with the gas line. This could impede the flow of gas or cause a leak that requires emergency repair.
Major Weather Events: Gas line damage can also occur as the result of a major storm or earthquake. Any disruption to your gas line should be inspected by professional gas piping contractors right away.
Reasons to Install a New Gas Line
Theoretically, the gas line should last for years to come without experiencing any problems. However, there are a few instances when replacing a gas line is a good idea. Here are a few great reasons to consider installing new gas lines in your home:
- You are upgrading your gas appliances and need to upgrade the gas lines to meet the new appliance requirements.
- Installing a new addition to your home.
- Building a new home.
- The current gas lines are very old and worn out.
- You constantly experience gas line leaks and repairs.
- Switching from oil to gas in the
Why Hire a Professional for Gas Line Installation and Repairs?
Gas plumbing is extremely sensitive and that’s why you need the qualifications and skills of a professional. Here are some of the reasons hiring a professional is always the right choice for any gas line repair or installation:
- It requires expertise: Unlike water plumbing, which can be handled by an experienced DIYer, gas plumbing takes special knowledge, techniques and materials. Moreover, not all plumbers have experience with gas lines. These jobs require a pro who knows how to handle gas lines safely.
- Faulty installations or repairs can mean big trouble: A gas leak is a tremendous health and safety risk. It can make you and your family sick or even worse, make your appliances immediate fire hazards. And improper installation or repair of your gas lines can involve dangerous conditions and risk of fire or explosion.
- Protect your investments: Gas appliances work efficiently when your gas lines are installed right. By hiring a professional to install and repair your gas line, you’re protecting your investment. A professional will install everything right the first time so you shouldn’t have to worry about gas leaks and other potential problems.
- Your plumber must be licensed for gas piping work: It’s important to note that it’s illegal in some areas to hire an unlicensed plumber to work on your gas lines. Hiring a professional protects you, your home and neighboring properties.
Learn more about what it’s really like to work with us by reading our latest reviews and customer feedback.