Water leaks in the home demand immediate attention, without which they can cause some serious damage. Surely, as a homeowner, you don’t want to deal with that hassle.
That’s why you need to call in one of Rooter MD’s expert plumbers as soon as you notice you have a leak in your home. One problem, though. How are you going to call if you don’t have any idea what to look for?
Once a leak starts, it’s not going to stop until someone repairs it. The faster you can recognize the following signs, the better off you’ll be!
Signs You Have a Plumbing Leak in Livonia
- You have an unusually high water bill.
- You hear running water, even though no water fixtures in your home are turned on.
- You have mildew or excessive moisture growing under the carpets.
- You see hot spots or cracks on your floors.
If any of those sound similar to what you have going on in your home, then it’s time to call Rooter MD. There’s no leak we can’t handle, and we guarantee we’ll find it no matter where it lies.
Water Leak Source Identification
Even if you know you have a leak in your home, the most difficult part is figuring out where it’s coming from. Don’t worry if you can’t find it – that’s what we’re here for. Even in the toughest of spots, we can handle it.
Rooter MD can identify water leaks from a variety of sources, including:
- Utility lines
- Hidden pipes
- Water mains
- Behind walls
- Under concrete slabs and asphalt
Leak Detection Methods
So, how exactly will be able to detect a leak that’s hiding underground? At Rooter MD, we use specialized equipment that isolates the leak source quickly so we can determine the proper repair solution. We have been using state-of-the-art equipment since 1981, and it’s proven effective every time.
The four different techniques we use are:
- Video detection: A simple method that gives us all the information we need in a really straightforward way. By sending fiber-optic cable down the entire length of your pipeline, our plumbers can get a clear picture of exactly what your pipes look like. This makes it easy to detect exactly where the problem is, and what they can do to fix it.
- Infrared leak detection: This is a dig-free method that works by providing our team with pictures depicting different temperatures. Those different temperatures help determine the leak location, and find where erosion voids are forming. Doesn’t matter how far and wide your leaks stretches – this technology can detect problems as deep as 30 meters below the ground surface.
- Ultrasonic technology: Acoustic emission detection, as it’s also known, allows us to detect sound loss in your pipes. Escaping liquids create an acoustic signal as they pass through holes, and our plumbing team will detect and analyze that sound until the location is found.
- Smoke detection: We typically won’t use this method unless all the above ones fail to locate the leak successfully, but if it comes to that we will pump harmless smoke into your pipes and watch where the smoke escapes.
What’s great about these methods is that we won’t have to break through walls, foundation, slab, or anything else to find the leak. They are completely non-invasive!
And what’s more – the two repair options you have will also be performed without any excavation to your home.
Rooter MD’s Pipe Repair Options
- Pipe bursting: We send a piece of equipment with a cone-shaped head into the pipes so it can tear apart and push the old plumbing aside. Then, we attach new plumbing to the end of the device and pull it through the void.
- Slip lining: This involves placing a smaller pipe within your existing pipe so that water flows more freely, and without leaks.
You need a leak detection team that will find your leak – guaranteed or you don’t pay! – and do it without ruining your home. Rooter MD is the right choice – call us today!