Clogged and dirty drains have a significant impact throughout your entire plumbing system. Not only do clogged drains cause water to gather in the sink and tub, but it also disrupts your routine and puts your home at risk for larger problems. Rooter MD Plumbing LLC is your trusted clogged drain company in Livonia, MI. With 36 years of experience under our belts, we know the most effective and safest methods to clean out debris from your drains. Whether you need emergency clogged drain service or are looking for preventative maintenance, we have the cure.
Enjoy added savings on your next service with our latest coupons and exclusive online deals.
Signs You Have a Clogged Drain
The sooner you learn to recognize the signs of a clogged drain, the sooner you can call a trusted drain cleaning company for a quick solution. Some of the most common signs of clogged drains in the home include:
- Standing water in your tub or sink.
- Difficulty flushing the toilet.
- Waiting a long time for the toilet to refill after flushing.
- Foul odors coming from the drain.
Any number of these issues require professional clogged drain repair. We recommend working with an expert on your drain cleaning services because DIY drain cleaning options are often more harmful than you think. Most store-bought chemical drain cleaners contain harsh ingredients that will corrode your pipes and lead to expensive burst pipe emergencies. A trusted professional can clear the clog without damaging your plumbing system.
Benefits of Regular Drain Cleaning
Your plumbing system works hard every day, and as food particles and other items build up in your pipes, you’re likely to deal with a clogged drain pipe. How often you clean your drains and the methods you use will determine how well your drainage system works. Nonetheless, there are many good reasons you should have your drains cleaned regularly.
- Reduced clogs and blockages: Routine drain cleaning can help you avoid most drain clogs. A professional plumber can help you remove build-up, clean your pipes and have them working in peak condition.
- Eliminate foul odors: When your drains have not been cleared for an extended period of time, unwanted waste and food remnants can accumulate in your pipes resulting in unpleasant odors. Cleaning your drains regularly helps to prevent the spread of foul odors around your home.
- Avoid disasters: Flushing your pipes regularly will lower the risk of major sewage problems down the road.
- A clean home: Sewage backflows, clogged pipes and poor drainage can all lead to unsanitary conditions in your home. Dripping faucets and slow drains can cause mold and mildew growth. Sewage backflows can spread germs and bacteria while clogged drains can prevent your toilet flushing.
Contact the drain pros at Rooter MD Plumbing LLC to inspect your blocked drains and clean them thoroughly. Our professionals will know whether to use hydrojetting, snaking, or some other drain cleaning method to ensure your pipes are cleaned properly.
How to Prevent Future Clogs
Clogged drains are the result of materials such as hair, food particles, grease, and mineral sediment building up inside the drain. The best way to prevent this buildup is with professional drain cleaning. We recommend investing in this service at least once per year to keep everything running smoothly. Between cleanings, there are also a few things you can do as a homeowner to prevent stubborn clogs from forming. Some things you should do include:
- Install a hair and food screen over the drains in your tub and sink.
- Never pour grease or oil down the drain.
- Between drain cleaning appointments, try pouring hot water down the drain at least once per week. This action will help loosen any particles before they harden to the pipe wall.
Explore our latest reviews and customer testimonials to find out what other people in your area have to say about us.